Here are our Top 10 Reasons to Attend the Telluride Mushroom Festival----Feel free to comment with your favorite reasons---let's get the list to 100!
10. For a small town it has a great food scene from the high end and gourmet La Marmotte to getting Baked in Telluride every morning.
9. You get to make new friends and see old ones and bond around fungi.
8. You don't get any strange looks carrying around a basket of mushrooms. The only size competition is around your boletes.
7. The biggest arguments are around taxonomy and common names; not politics and religion.
6. You can surround yourself with hundreds of mushroom books and meet the authors at Between the Covers. booth.
5. Shouting "We Love Mushrooms" at random times is expected and is a battle cry.
4. You get to hug Art Goodtimes and hear his infectious laugh.
3. You walk down the street, there's a mountain. You turn to the right, there's a mountain. You close your eyes, there's a mountain.
2. Mushrooms are turned into icecream and beer at the highly competitive Culinary Cookoff
1. Gary Lincoff's keynote will confirm your stance that mushrooms can make the world a better place.
From our beautiful TMF Community:
My favorite part? There are so many aspects. Just being in and camping in the beautiful mountains. Hunting for mushrooms, which I love and do as often as possible. Finding pounds of the most delicious boletes I have ever eaten, The camaraderie of like minded mushroomphiles and fellow tripsters. The knowledgeable yet very approachable expert mycologists. Foraging with Gary Lincoff! The parade! - Tony Peters, submitted via Facebook
Telluride Mushroom Festival Blog
Various members of the Telluride Mushroom Festival community contribute to this blog.